REDi Connectwise Setup
Connectwise is an industry leader in Information Technology for RMM tools and utilising Business Central has been problematic with solutions which exist to connect both platforms. Our solution – REDi Connectwise Sync.
This extension enables the synchronisation of inter-company key critical information for billing, cost and time management.
Base URL: The Base URL is the ConnectWise URL used to connect to your tenancy hosted either on-premises or in-cloud. Please talk with your ConnectWise account manager to clarify this URL.
The URL will normally be in the format of:
- On-premis – https://*.copmanyportalurl/v4_6_release/apis/3.0/
- In-cloud – https://api-*.myconnectwise.net/v4_6_release/apis/3.0/
ClientID: This field is provided by the ConnectWise Developer Network as a customer unique code which can be used for accessing the ConnectWise API framework.
You must have a ClientID to use our REDi.ConnectWise tool.
To prepare your enviroment you will need:
- Visit: https://developer.connectwise.com/ClientID/Vendor_Client_IDs
- You may need to create an account to access this portal
- Vendor Client ID’s > Create New Integration
- Default Item Type: Select the default item type of Inventory, Non-Inventory or Service.
- Default Unit of Measure: This will be EA by default for Each
- Default Gen Prod Posting Group: Select the default General Product Posting Group
- Default TAX Posting Group: Select the default VAT/GST Posting Group
- Default NonTax Vat Posting Group: Select the default non-tax VAT/GST Posting Group
- Default Costing Method: Select either FIFO, LIFO, Standard, Average or Specific
- Default Inventory Posting Group: Select the default Inventory Posting Group
- Default Brand Dimension: This dimension maps where the brand will flow from the Item table and map against in the dimension table.
In the situation where a customer is created, the customer will be created by the connector with the following defaults.
- Default Gen Bus. Posting Group: Select the default General Business Posting Group
- Default TAX Bus. Posting Group: Select the default VAT/GST Business Posting Group
- Default Customer Posting Group: Select the default Customer Posting Group
- Default Location: Select your default location
- Create Dimension for Customer: Select the dimension to be used for the customer record
- Default Industry Dimension: Select the dimension to be used for Industry mapping
- Vendor Default Gen Bus. Posting Group: Select the default General Business Posting Group
- Vendor Default VAT Bus. Posting Group: Select the default VAT/GST Business Posting Group
- Vendor Default NonTax Vat Posting Group: Select the default Vendor Non-Tax Posting Group
- Vendor Default Vendor Posting Group: Select the default Vendor Posting Group
- Default Sales Account: In the absence of a Item being provided the default Sales GL will be used against the sales line.
- Default Expense Account: In the absence of an expense mapping being completed, the Expense GL will be used.
- Document Series Characters: Select the document series for sync.
- Def. Item for Time Entries: Select the default item for time entries
- Item Used For Comments: Select the default item used for comments
- Payment Source: Select where payments are recorded, either in BC or ConnectWise. The alternative will receive payment receipts on sycronisation.
- Payment Template: Select the default payment template to be used for receipting payments.
- Payment Batch Name: Enter the payment batch name to be used, which will most likely be Default
- Post Payment Automatically: Do you want your payment receipts posted automatically?
- Default Down payment Account: Provide a GL on the balance sheet used for Sales Pre-Payments
- Default UOM: Please provide the default unit of measure.
BULK DATA FILTER
- Get Open Invoices Only: Do you wish to get open invoices only?
- Get Open PO Only: Do you wish to get open purchase receipts only?
- Process Invoice from Date: Choose the data to process invoices after